Monday, February 6, 2012

Once Upon a Blogger

I used to blog all the time, but that was when I was knee deep in the throes of teaching in Second Life. But, I haven't used SL for about two years as a teaching tool, and, thus, I stopped blogging. It occurred to me today that I love to learn new things. I am constantly learning something new, and I take copious notes that generally land themselves either in my carry-it-all thingy that isn't called a purse or a bookbag or become paste in my washing machine. I still take notes on paper. I love computers and will type important notes into Penzu, but, I am old school...I still love the feel of paper and the deep blue hope of a bic pen slightly chewed.


So, why a new blog?  Since I am notorious for being super charged and busy all of the time...why waste precious moments to blog?

Well, there are two reasons...

First, I am on a Fab to 40 kick which started with hitting the gym, being active and not a net-potato, and drinking more than the Mississippi per day in water.  This is going well.  Now it is time to work on my mind.  I always learn something new each and every day...I am such a nerd that way.  The only difference is that now I am going to commit at least one thing per day to this blog.  Mostly because of point number 2.

Second, I am going to be 40 in October, and I don't want my brain to atrophy like my thighs.  Those who know me recognize and appreciate (cough) that my short term memory has always been a little fuzzy, and so I write sticky notes upon sticky notes to get everything done on time.  My long-term memory, and especially the neurological cabinet labeled "useless crap", has always been my sexiest attribute.  If you are playing Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble, I will know some word or factoid that has long since fizzled its way out of anyone's current events bookmark list.

So, I am getting older and want to stay sharp, and I am getting older and want to stay sharper.

Image Source 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will check it out, and if you are not a spammer, I will post your comment!