Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Live Binder Experiment: The Dante Binder Project

LiveBinder is one of the best research tools in the web 2.0 world.  I have created binders for presentations, and I actively check out binders created by others.  I have always felt, though, that more could be done with the tool.

So.

It is Sunday morning here in Mouth of Wilson.  It is a balmy 10 degrees outside. The back door broke in the wind last night, so the house is like an iceberg.  Ah, THAT is what the deadbolt was for....

Minnie the cat is trying to eat the fish; Bad Kitty is trying to drink my coffee, and Dexter is chasing his little stuffed gator.  The turtle is eating ham.  The dog is outside peeing on the truck.  Mustache man is under the weather (too much butter??), and Sharpie Boy is watching video game bosses via the Angry Video Game Nerd.  The Boss is watching reruns of World's Dumbest (Don't even get me started on what I think about that show!)

Since things are pretty peaceful, and we have time before getting ready for Sunday School, I thought I would kick off a little Sunday project and see what happens.


When the student return from their long weekend, we will kick off our Dante unit.  They seem to love talking about Hell.  Some of them think they live in it, actually.  But, nonetheless, we will devote ourselves to the study of Dante's version of it.

I've taught this content at the college level and have scaled it down to the high school level, and there are some pretty great activities that have surfaced over the years.  But, I am always looking for better ways to share this amazing work.

So.

I created a Live Binder called "The Dante Binder Project" and included just the basics of what I use to teach the unit.  I posted it on Twitter with an invite for others to add content, and I will see if anyone does that between now and 11:00 PM tonight.



LiveBinder seems to be a tool that calls for collaboration.  We will see :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I will check it out, and if you are not a spammer, I will post your comment!